Saturday, June 13, 2009

Promethea Moth



When I went out to the mailbox today I saw this promethea moth on the outdoor light outside the studio. It was just hanging out there opening and closing its wings like it was fanning itself ( in the shade). The right wing had some damage and a small portion was missing. The promethea moth is found in the eastern half of the United States and into Canada. I wish I could have seen the caterpillar that produced this moth because they are blue-green and mostly smooth, with rows of different colored knobs or tubercles. I know this thanks to my Peterson butterflies and moths guide. I'll bet the colors were brilliant.
Peace

lsk

No comments:

Post a Comment

LuLu

LuLu

Shino mugs

Shino mugs

About Walk the Dog Arts

My photo
'Walk the Dog Arts' is made up of 3 best friends: LuLu, a smart, sweet Lab-mix, & her 'People', Debbie & Laurie!
Powered By Blogger